Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme apologized on Sunday for kicking a concert photographer in the face during a concert Saturday night, saying he was "in a state of being lost in performance" when it happened.
The band played the first night of L.A. radio station KROQ's annual Almost Acoustic Christmas concert, in front of a sold-out crowd. Chelsea Lauren told Variety she was taking photos in the pit when Homme came by, smiling. "The next thing I know his foot connects with my camera and my camera connects with my face, really hard," she said. "He looked straight at me, swung his leg back pretty hard, and full-blown kicked me in the face." She said it was "obviously very intentional" and when she went to the hospital for treatment, she was encouraged to press charges by people who looked at video shot of the incident.
In a statement, Homme said he knew he kicked over "various lighting and equipment" on stage, but didn't know until Sunday that "this included a camera held by photographer Chelsea Lauren. I did not mean for that to happen and I am very sorry." Lauren said that after he kicked her, Homme took out a knife and cut his forehead, and blood dripped down his face the rest of the night. He also called the audience "retards," Variety reports, told them to take off their pants, and insulted the next band to come on stage, Muse. Catherine Garcia
The tweet, since deleted, was of a graphic that featured Clinton, $100 bills, and what appeared to be a Star of David containing the words "Most corrupt candidate ever." He faced a swift backlash from people saying this played into anti-Semitic stereotypes about Jews and money, and later posted the image again, this time with the star replaced with a circle. Trump was silent about the controversy until Monday morning, when he tweeted, "Dishonest media is trying their absolute best to depict a star in a tweet as the Star of David rather than a Sheriff's Star, or plain star!"
The image was originally posted June 15 by a Twitter user with the handle @FishBoneHead1, Mic.com reports. The account has since been shut down, but it previously tweeted other offensive memes against Clinton, Muslims, African-Americans, and immigrants, NBC News says. Trump has run into trouble on Twitter before — in January, he retweeted a photo from an apparent neo-Nazi supporter's account, and in February retweeted the Twitter account @WhiteGenocideTM. Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center studies extremist messages on the internet, and told NBC News, "It's not that easy to find these materials. It's just astounding that, time after time after time, somebody there in the campaign, somehow, is running across the material. A one-off would be one thing, but it's happened repeatedly now." Catherine Garcia